2014 Sustaining Colorado Watersheds ConferenceWe are happy to announce the 9th Annual Sustaining Colorado Watersheds Conference hosted by the Colorado Watershed Assembly, the Colorado Foundation for Water Education, and the Colorado Riparian Association. This conference works to expand cooperation and collaboration throughout Colorado in natural resource conservation, protection and enhancement by informing participants about new issues and innovative projects and through invaluable networking! This year's conference, Come Hell or High Water!, will explore the spirit of community resiliency in the wake of the 2013 floods, wildfires, and other risks to our watersheds.
Come Hell or High Water!
Come Hell or High Water!
Visit this page often for updates:
- The draft agenda is now online and can be found here. It will be updated periodically, so be sure to check back in to see what's new!
- Registration is open! To register online, click here. To register with a paper form, click here. Please note that member pricing is available for members of partner organizations. You will receive a separate email from that organization with special instructions on how to register. Early registration prices increased September 15!
- Workshop descriptions can be found here.
- Kevin Fedarko, author of The Emerald Mile, will be joining us as our Keynote Speaker at our Tuesday night banquet. Find out more about Kevin here and read a blog post on the book by CFWE here!
- This year, the Wednesday evening social event on will entertain conference attendees with performances at River Idol – bring your favorite water-related songs to dazzle your peers and the team of River Idol judges! Musical instruments are optional and karaoke will be available. Join us for fun, prizes, microbrews and pizza!
- Camp Hale will be the host of this year’s field trip on Thursday, October 9! There will be speakers to discuss the site history, hydrology, fisheries, botany and more. Space is limited. Sign up when you register. See more information here.
- Presenters must register for the conference if they intend to participate in other sessions.
- Scholarship opportunities are available for those who wish to volunteer their time either before or during the conference. Applicants will hear back from us by 09/15/2014.
- Hotel Reservations - This year's conference will be held at the Westin Riverfront Resort in Avon, CO. Reduced rates are available from $119/night until September 22! A resort fee, which includes complimentary wireless, fitness center, daily newspaper and parking will be waived at checkout. Reserve soon to get reduced rates by calling 970-790-2000 and asking for the group rate for the Sustaining Colorado Watersheds Conference OR by going to our event specific registration page.
Thank you to our sponsors!
To learn more about our Benefactor, Title, and Lunch Sponsors, click here.