The Hutchins Water Center and the Colorado Basin Roundtable are seeking proposals for the development of a publicly-accessible geospatial database in GIS format to inform integrated water management planning in the main stem Colorado River Basin in Colorado. RFP details can be found HERE. Proposals are due January 9, 2017.
WATER QUALITY CONTROL COMMISSION - HEARING NOTICES
The following Notices of Rulemaking Hearings have been posted on the commission’s website: www.colorado.gov.
- Apr 10, 2017: Regulation 43, On-Site Wastewater Treatment System Regulations (public hearing).
- Apr 10, 2017: Regulation 38, Classifications and Numeric Standards for South Platte River Basin, Laramie River Basin, Republican River Basin, Smoky Hill River Basin (written comment rulemaking).
- Mar 13, 2017: Regulation 61, Colorado Discharge Permit System Regulations (public hearing).
- Mar 13, 2017: Regulation 21, Procedural Rules (written comment rulemaking).
- Jan. 9, 2017: Regulaiton 42, Site Specific Water Quality Classifications and Standards for Ground Water (written comment rulemaking).
- Jan. 9, 2017: Regulation 31, Basic Standards and Methodologies for Surface Water (written comment rulemaking).
The following Notice of Administrative Action Hearing has been posted on the commission’s web site: www.colorado.gov.
- Section 303(d) Listing Methodology
SAVE THE DATE for the next Watershed Wildfire Protection Group meeting on Friday, March 10th, 2017 from 9:00 am -3:00 pm MST atthe Colorado Parks & Wildlife Administration Building; Bighorn Room @ 6060 Broadway in Denver. Contact Richard M. Edwards, CF, Colorado State Forest Service at Rich.Edwards@colostate.edu with any questions.
The Colorado Foundation for Water Education (CFWE) application for the 2017 class of Water Leaders is now open. The application deadline is January 13, 2017. They are anxious to fill the 10th class of Water Leaders, but could use your help! If you yourself are not interested in participating in this program, we are sure you know someone who is. Please pass along this informational flyer to people who you think would benefit from a professional development program like Water Leaders.
SAVE THE DATE for the next Watershed Wildfire Protection Group meeting on Friday, February 3rd, 2017 from 9:00 -3:00 pm MST atthe Colorado Parks & Wildlife Administration Building; Bighorn Room @ 6060 Broadway in Denver. A tentative agenda for the meeting will be available by mid-January. For more information contact Richard M. Edwards, CF, Assistant Staff Forester, Forest Management Division, Colorado State Forest Service, (970) 491-8036, Rich.Edwards@colostate.edu.
The Clean River Design Challenge is on! Each year volunteers with the Greenway Foundation remove 2,400lbs of trash from the South Platte River. Now, they are challenging themselves and others to do even more with the Clean River Design Challenge. This competition challenges teams of college students to create a functional trash removal device. The winning teams will be awarded $2000! Teams must register online by February 1, 2017. For questions please send an email to: email@example.com.