OCTOBER 26th, 2017: Webinar, This Is What STEM Looks Like! A conversation about inspiring, motivating, and retaining girls and young women in STEM from 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm (MST). Presenters will be Violeta Garcia, Stem Learning by Design and Louise V. Myrland, The Women's Foundation of Colorado. REGISTER HERE.
OCTOBER 26th-27th, 2017: The event Stormwater Green Drainage Design Using EPA SWMM-LID presented by Urban Watersheds Research Institute offers instruction from 8:30am-5:00 pm for two days after which you will be eligible to receive 1.5 CEU’s or 15 PDH’s for this course. This course also allows eligibility for 12 CECs towards ASFPM CFM Certification.
Topics and workshops in this course include:
(1) Review of Storm Water Modeling – unit graph method and kinematic wave (KW)
overland flow method
(2) How to set up rectangular runoff KW planes used by SWMM
(3) KW run-off cascading flow vs run-on infiltrating flow
(4) Watershed link-node model for conveyance, diversion, storage basin,
pump w/o flood gate
(5) Event-based modeling for extreme events from 2-, 5-, 10-, to 100
(6) Long-tern continuous simulation for frequency and duration analyses using
a 30-yr rainfall record
(7) Stormwater planning using KW model
(8) Stormwater design using DW model
(9) Mitigation to urbanization effect using flood detention
(10) Green approach for on-site runoff disposal using rain gardens, pavers,
swales, and rain tanks.
(11) Long-term evaluations of the proposed flood mitigation and green
All topics are covered by a short lecture which is followed by a hands-on workshop. The goal of this two-day class is to give the students sufficient working working knowledge to permit them to use this model upon return to their office next working day. For complete information and to register click HERE.
The Center for Watershed Protection's 2017 Webcast Series is open. Register and join them via Adobe Connect for the following sessions:
October 18th, 2017, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST, Webcast 5: Bringing Better Site Design into The 21st Century - Register for this webcast!
November 15th, 2017, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST, Webcast 6: Modeling for Water Quality - Register for this webcast!
November 6th, 2017: Colorado Foundation for Water Education is hosting a workshop in Colorado Springs, CO, 2017 Considerations in Implementing Regional Water Solutions. As Colorado’s urban areas grow, we must consider leveraging resources, infrastructure, water supply and facilities to secure general well-being and a healthy economy. This informative, day-long workshop provides a forum for planning and discussion around the best approaches for regional water solutions. It includes a close examination of the tradeoffs, hurdles, and opportunities for success. For more information and to register, click HERE.
SPRING 2018: For the first time One World One Water Center will offer a Water Studies Online Certificate through Metropolitan State University of Denver! Participants are required to complete four courses: Water Law, U.S. Water Concerns, Colorado Water and the American West and a final capstone project. For more information and to register: click here.