Wildlands Restoration Volunteers seeks a full-time, Leadership Opportunity Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for managing WRV’s overall operations and reporting to the Board of Directors. Responsibilities include organizational strategic planning, financial management, staff management, fund development, partnership development, marketing oversight, and program/project oversight. The Executive Director leads WRV’s continuing efforts to build a vibrant community of staff and volunteers who are fully committed to implementing WRV’s mission across the region. Click HERE to read more about the job and to apply.
Mountain Park Environmental Center is seeking a Physical Plant Manager. The manager would maintain the interior and exterior of all buildings/structures in all seasons; direct the overall operation of the physical plant services in accordance with policies and procedures, current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations to assure that the facility is maintained in a safe and comfortable manner; maintain physical plant tools and vehicles. This position has irregular hours, including some evenings and weekends, and regularly requires travel between campuses. Click HERE for more information and to apply.
The Ken-Caryl Ranch Parks Department is accepting applications for a Parks Maintenance Worker. This is a year-round hourly position. Duties include all aspects of parks maintenance work with an emphasis in horticulture. Experience using best horticultural practices is beneficial. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following: Maintenance involving flower and shrub care, assist the Horticultural Technician in diagnosis of pests and diseases in plant materials, safely operate equipment such as pruners, hedge trimmers, tiller, backpack sprayers and water truck. Must be flexible to work nights and weekends and to assist in snow removal activities. Applicants must provide a MVR showing a good driving history before an offer of employment will be made. Click HERE for more.
The Town of Erie Parks Department is currently accepting applications for a Lead Seasonal Park Maintenance position which will lead seasonal staff in a variety of parks maintenance activities in support of open space, parks, trails, sports fields, special events and other support activities. This is a seasonal/temporary position/assignment. Find more HERE.
Larimer County Department of Natural Resources is seeking skilled and motivated individuals to join our team. The Land Stewardship Worker position provides a unique and rewarding seasonal employment opportunity for the spring and summer of 2018. Individuals will conduct invasive plant management and other restoration duties as needed on federal, state, county public lands, rights-of-way and private property within Larimer County. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge pertaining to native and non-native plants, desire to work outside in the back-country, initiative to work unsupervised, and is physically fit. All those hired will receive on-the-job training. Click HERE for details and to apply. Application is open until filled.
Steamboat Lake State Park is currently accepting applications for their seasonal positions. Current positions include: Aquatic Nuisance Species Inspectors, Maintenance Technicians, Vegetation Management Technician, Visitor Center Attendant and Limited Commission Park Rangers. Hourly pay varies and housing is available. Find the varied options HERE.
Colorado Natural Heritage Program seeks seasonal BLM Aquatic AIM Monitoring Lead and Field Technicians; 3 Lead Technicians and 6 Field Technicians to be exact. In partnership with the Utah Bureau of Land Management (BLM), the Colorado Natural Heritage Program (CNHP) is seeking experienced field technicians to collect stream monitoring data through BLM’s aquatic Assessment, Inventory and Monitoring (AIM) initiative. Successful applicants will be trained in aquatic AIM sampling protocols by the National Aquatic Monitoring Center of Utah State University and will sample stream habitat for wadeable rivers and streams on BLM lands throughout Utah. All Technicians must be available for the two-week training starting May 14, 2018. Three field teams of three technicians each (1 Lead Technician and 2 Field Technicians) will be hired. Each team will be stationed in a separate BLM Field Office: one each in Salt Lake City, Vernal, and Moab, Utah. The teams will work closely with Utah BLM Aquatic Biologists and other BLM staff within the Field Offices. Crews will spend 4–8 days in a row in the field, often camping away from the Field Office location. Data collection will include water quality sampling, stream habitat data, and benthic macro invertebrates. First consideration of applicants will begin February 15, 2018. Applications will continue to be accepted until all positions are filled or until April 30, 2018, whichever comes first. Applicants for the Lead Technician Position are encouraged to apply early. Read more and apply HERE.
A variety of jobs are currently available in the City of Aurora including but not limited to Water and Environment. Click HERE to find out more.
South Suburban Parks and Recreation is seeking a Part Time Park Ranger (Bike) who would perform a variety of professional duties in the field of Resource Management and Visitor Services. Responsible for work in wildlife, resource management, park maintenance, environmental education, public relations, routine bicycle patrol, and enforcement District 'Park Rules and Regulations. Applications will be accepted until February 23, 2018 at 5pm. Click HERE for more.
Jefferson County Parks and Recreation is hiring for a number of positions. Click HERE for the list; click the arrow under the "Department" header to group the Parks and Recreation jobs. Application deadlines are as soon as February 25th, 2018.
The Longmont and Boulder Valley Conservation District is looking to fill the role of a Forester. This position reports to the Conservation Districts' District Manager and the NRCS District Conservationist. The position undertakes a variety of office and fieldwork duties, with a focus on the support and delivery of USDA Farm Bill programs through partnership with the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). The selected candidate will work with NRCS, Conservation District staff, and various partner organizations to assist private landowners in the planning and implementation of forest conservation practices. Click HERE for the full description. Applications will be considered until the position is filled; however, applications should be submitted by February 28, 2018 for full consideration.
City of Denver’s Parks & Recreation Department is now accepting applications for a Campground Attendants to work at the Chief Hosa Campground for the 2018 camping season! There are 4 vacant Campground Attendant positions. The Campground Attendant positions will work primarily in the service booth at the Chief Hosa Campground in an administrative and guest relations capacity. These positions will be responsible for proper intake and checkout of guests within the campground and will work closely with Denver Mountain Parks operations staff and Park Rangers to ensure that guests are aware of and adhere to all campground rules and policies. Application deadline is at the end of February 28th, 2018. Click HERE for more details.
Rocky Mountain Conservancy has a number of job openings:
- Field Coordinators (2 openings): Field Coordinators will help the Director of Conservation plan, implement, and evaluate Corps programs. This will include developing training and educational programs, conducting field visits, supervising crew work in-the-field, and providing individual feedback to crew members. For more information visit HERE. Application close date: February 28, 2018.
- Conservation Corps Crew Member (Ages 18-25) (28 openings): This AmeriCorps-based position serves a total of 450 hours over the course of eleven-weeks. Members will serve on crews completing conservation projects in Rocky Mountain National Park and the Arapaho-Roosevelt National Forests. Throughout the term of service, members will also participate in leadership training, educational programming, and career development activities. Upon success completion, members will receive an AmeriCorps Education Award. This position receive a living stipend ($300/week), accommodations, and all necessary gear and work clothing for the program. Information about the Crew Member positions can be found HERE. Application close date: March 18, 2018.
- High School Leadership Corps Member (Ages 14-17) (20 openings): The High School Leadership Corps members serve two-week terms in Rocky Mountain National Park completing conservation projects with the National Park Service, participating in outdoor recreation activities, and developing leadership skills. During the two-weeks, members will camp in Rocky Mountain National Park (all gear is provided). As part of the opportunity, youth will receive work clothing and a completion stipend of $400 for their service. More information click HERE. Application close date: April 8, 2018.
Estes Valley Land Trust is seeking a Stewardship Intern. The Estes Valley Land Trust holds more than 160 conservation easements that preserve nearly 10,000 acres of land. The Stewardship Intern’s primary responsibility is to ensure each conservation easement is monitored in 2018. This includes coordinating monitoring visits with volunteers, collecting completed reports and digital files and updating natural resource reports. Click HERE for more about Estes Valley Land Trust, and HERE for details and information on the job and application. Application deadline is March 2nd, 2018.
The Conservation Center is excited to start looking for their next Healthy Forests Initiative AmeriCorps VISTA. In late March, the new VISTA will join their team! The Healthy Forests Initiative VISTA can expect to:
- Team up with The Nature Connection and GOCO Inspire in strengthening and building the Youth Outdoor Network, which is a group that creates pathways to natural resource careers for local high schoolers;
- Get their hands dirty on trail stewardship days with the Paonia Ranger District of the US Forest Service;
- Get kids outside with Conservation Days and Every Kid in a Park;
- Lead community outreach event planning, like the Mountainfilm World Tour and the Float Fest;
- Build partnerships with public lands agencies;
- And work in a dog-friendly office with Juniper, Jude, and sometimes Luna!
If this sounds like your cup of tea, you can apply here and find application instructions here. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until filled. Applications will be accepted through March 26th, 2018.
Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado (VOC) seeks two full-time Seasonal Project Managers to work closely with the VOC project team to provide professional project management, logistical support, and volunteer leadership coordination on VOC volunteer projects both administratively and in the field. This Seasonal Project Manager is a full-time, term-limited, non-exempt position that reports to VOC’s Senior Projects and Trainings Manager. This position works within the VOC program team and closely with two other project managers to provide professional project management, logistical support and volunteer leadership coordination on VOC volunteer projects administratively and in the field. Learn more and apply HERE.
Little Thompson Water District is seeking a Water Resources/Engineering Technician. Under supervision of the District Engineer, the Water Resources/Engineering Technician performs a variety of support functions in water resources, engineering, and geographic information systems. Read more and apply HERE.
Pawnee Buttes Seed, Inc. specialists in seed for pasture, reclamation, turf, and conservation for over 20
years is seeking applications for the position of Marketing/Advertising Coordinator. Duties include:
- Develop and execute seasonal advertising campaigns
- Design and write print, radio and digital advertisements
- Coordinate and implement organization’s social media strategy
- Maintain and update marketing and advertising budget as needed
- Create and update all email marketing including monthly e-newsletter, event emails and other
- marketing emails
- Maintain all promotional materials
- Assist with planning and coordination for special events/activities
Find application information HERE.