Estes Valley Land Trust is seeking a Stewardship Intern. The Estes Valley Land Trust holds more than 160 conservation easements that preserve nearly 10,000 acres of land. The Stewardship Intern’s primary responsibility is to ensure each conservation easement is monitored in 2018. This includes coordinating monitoring visits with volunteers, collecting completed reports and digital files and updating natural resource reports. Click HERE for more about Estes Valley Land Trust, and HERE for details and information on the job and application. Application deadline is March 2nd, 2018.
Coalitions & Collaboratives, Inc. (COCO) is hiring a Development & Outreach Director. Coco is an umbrella organization that works with other collaborative conservation organizations, watershed groups, and similar nonprofits. It is closely affiliated with, and shares space and resources with, the Coalition for the Upper South Platte. Additional affiliates range from the Arkansas River Watershed Collaborative to the Colorado Fire Adapted Communities Network, the Coalition for the Poudre River Watershed and the Greenway Fund. COCO is growing, and we anticipate more affiliates joining in the future. The Development & Outreach Director is responsible for directly supporting COCO and CUSP, and providing technical assistance to other affiliates, through: organizing and managing media; grant writing; fundraising and other public engagement activities and events; public relations, organizational branding, marketing and promotional services. Duties also include website and social media development and management, outreach to, and engagement of, volunteers and volunteer groups. Find more information and apply HERE.
The City and County of Denver is hiring for a The Water Conservation Administrator who will serve as a technical expert and advocate for the mission and initiatives of Denver Parks & Recreation's Water Conservation division. This position will lead and supervise a team of water conservation specialist and will be responsible for strategic planning and implementation while ensuring appropriate use of resources. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible because this posting may close without advanced notice. Click HERE to access all pertinent information and links.
The City of Colorado Springs Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services has an opening for a full time Landscape Architect I/II. Depending on qualifications of the selected candidate, this position will be hired at either the Landscape Architect I or Landscape Architect II level. Application deadline is March 6th at 4pm. Click HERE for details.
Open Space & Trails is hiring for one to two Seasonal Ranger positions. The season runs from mid-April until late-October. These positions play an important role in protecting natural resources and providing a quality experience for our trail users. The ideal candidate would be a people-person, familiar with (and living in) the Roaring Fork Valley, and excited to spend a lot of time hiking, biking, and interacting with the public outdoors. He or she should also have some experience in natural resources, EMS, or code/law enforcement. WFR or EMT is preferred. Application deadline in March 9th, 2018. Find out more and apply HERE.
Rocky Mountain Conservancy has a number of job openings:
- Conservation Corps Crew Member (Ages 18-25) (28 openings): This AmeriCorps-based position serves a total of 450 hours over the course of eleven-weeks. Members will serve on crews completing conservation projects in Rocky Mountain National Park and the Arapaho-Roosevelt National Forests. Throughout the term of service, members will also participate in leadership training, educational programming, and career development activities. Upon success completion, members will receive an AmeriCorps Education Award. This position receive a living stipend ($300/week), accommodations, and all necessary gear and work clothing for the program. Information about the Crew Member positions can be found HERE. Application close date: March 18, 2018.
- High School Leadership Corps Member (Ages 14-17) (20 openings): The High School Leadership Corps members serve two-week terms in Rocky Mountain National Park completing conservation projects with the National Park Service, participating in outdoor recreation activities, and developing leadership skills. During the two-weeks, members will camp in Rocky Mountain National Park (all gear is provided). As part of the opportunity, youth will receive work clothing and a completion stipend of $400 for their service. More information click HERE. Application close date: April 8, 2018.
The Conservation Center is excited to start looking for their next Healthy Forests Initiative AmeriCorps VISTA. In late March, the new VISTA will join their team! The Healthy Forests Initiative VISTA can expect to:
- Team up with The Nature Connection and GOCO Inspire in strengthening and building the Youth Outdoor Network, which is a group that creates pathways to natural resource careers for local high schoolers;
- Get their hands dirty on trail stewardship days with the Paonia Ranger District of the US Forest Service;
- Get kids outside with Conservation Days and Every Kid in a Park;
- Lead community outreach event planning, like the Mountainfilm World Tour and the Float Fest;
- Build partnerships with public lands agencies;
- And work in a dog-friendly office with Juniper, Jude, and sometimes Luna!
If this sounds like your cup of tea, you can apply here and find application instructions here. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until filled. Applications will be accepted through March 26th, 2018.
Colorado Natural Heritage Program seeks seasonal BLM Aquatic AIM Monitoring Lead and Field Technicians; 3 Lead Technicians and 6 Field Technicians to be exact. In partnership with the Utah Bureau of Land Management (BLM), the Colorado Natural Heritage Program (CNHP) is seeking experienced field technicians to collect stream monitoring data through BLM’s aquatic Assessment, Inventory and Monitoring (AIM) initiative. Successful applicants will be trained in aquatic AIM sampling protocols by the National Aquatic Monitoring Center of Utah State University and will sample stream habitat for wadeable rivers and streams on BLM lands throughout Utah. All Technicians must be available for the two-week training starting May 14, 2018. Three field teams of three technicians each (1 Lead Technician and 2 Field Technicians) will be hired. Each team will be stationed in a separate BLM Field Office: one each in Salt Lake City, Vernal, and Moab, Utah. The teams will work closely with Utah BLM Aquatic Biologists and other BLM staff within the Field Offices. Crews will spend 4–8 days in a row in the field, often camping away from the Field Office location. Data collection will include water quality sampling, stream habitat data, and benthic macro invertebrates. Applications will continue to be accepted until all positions are filled or until April 30, 2018, whichever comes first. Applicants for the Lead Technician Position are encouraged to apply early. Read more and apply HERE.
Mountain Park Environmental Center is seeking a Physical Plant Manager. The manager would maintain the interior and exterior of all buildings/structures in all seasons; direct the overall operation of the physical plant services in accordance with policies and procedures, current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations to assure that the facility is maintained in a safe and comfortable manner; maintain physical plant tools and vehicles. This position has irregular hours, including some evenings and weekends, and regularly requires travel between campuses. Click HERE for more information and to apply.
The Ken-Caryl Ranch Parks Department is accepting applications for a Parks Maintenance Worker.This is a year-round hourly position. Duties include all aspects of parks maintenance work with an emphasis in horticulture. Experience using best horticultural practices is beneficial. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following: Maintenance involving flower and shrub care, assist the Horticultural Technician in diagnosis of pests and diseases in plant materials, safely operate equipment such as pruners, hedge trimmers, tiller, backpack sprayers and water truck. Must be flexible to work nights and weekends and to assist in snow removal activities. Applicants must provide a MVR showing a good driving history before an offer of employment will be made. Click HERE for more.
The Town of Erie Parks Department is currently accepting applications for a Lead Seasonal Park Maintenance position which will lead seasonal staff in a variety of parks maintenance activities in support of open space, parks, trails, sports fields, special events and other support activities. This is a seasonal/temporary position/assignment. Find more HERE.
City & County of Denver’s Department of Parks & Recreation has openings now for seasonal positions working in parks, open spaces, natural areas, urban forestry, facilities and other related areas. Apply now!
For new or inexperienced parks workers:
- Park Seasonal Laborer – East: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/1971546/park-seasonal-laborer-east
- Park Seasonal Laborer – Facilities Maintenance: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/1976000/park-seasonal-laborer-facilities-maintenance
- Park Seasonal Laborer – Greenhouse: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/1947996/park-seasonal-laborer-greenhouse
- Park Seasonal Laborer – Northeast: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/1965304/park-seasonal-laborer-northeast-on-call
- Park Seasonal Laborer – Water Systems: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/1973140/park-seasonal-laborer-water-systems
For experienced parks workers:
- Utility Worker – Athletic Fields: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/1954125/athletic-fields-utility-worker-on-call
- Utility Worker – Amenities: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/1946390/utility-worker-amenities
- Utility Worker – East: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/1971527/utility-worker-east-on-call
- Utility Worker – Facilities Maintenance: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/1975959/utility-worker-facilities-maintenance
- Utility Worker – Northeast: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/1945042/utility-worker-northeast-on-call
- Utility Worker – Northwest: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/1975444/utility-worker-northwest-on-call
- Utility Worker – Southwest: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/1948251/utility-worker-southwest-on-call
- Utility Worker – Urban Forestry: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/1939262/utility-worker-urban-forestry
- Utility Worker – Water Systems: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/denver/jobs/1973082/utility-worker-water-systems
Larimer County Department of Natural Resources is seeking skilled and motivated individuals to join our team. The Land Stewardship Worker position provides a unique and rewarding seasonal employment opportunity for the spring and summer of 2018. Individuals will conduct invasive plant management and other restoration duties as needed on federal, state, county public lands, rights-of-way and private property within Larimer County. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge pertaining to native and non-native plants, desire to work outside in the back-country, initiative to work unsupervised, and is physically fit. All those hired will receive on-the-job training. Click HERE for details and to apply. Application is open until filled.
Steamboat Lake State Park is currently accepting applications for their seasonal positions. Current positions include: Aquatic Nuisance Species Inspectors, Maintenance Technicians, Vegetation Management Technician, Visitor Center Attendant and Limited Commission Park Rangers. Hourly pay varies and housing is available. Find the varied options HERE.
Little Thompson Water District is seeking a Water Resources/Engineering Technician. Under supervision of the District Engineer, the Water Resources/Engineering Technician performs a variety of support functions in water resources, engineering, and geographic information systems. Read more and apply HERE.